MacKinnon Medical Center was born from Good Hope Hospital in Erwin, NC in 1996 after they asked Dr. MacKinnon to run it as a private practice. In 2004 he acquired the practice from Good Hope Hospital and has maintained it to this day. For over 20 years, we have been serving the people of Benson and Johnston County, NC.
Dr. ChriSTOPHER MacKinnon, MD
Dr. MacKinnon has been practicing medicine for over 30 years. While he specializes in family medicine, in the past, Dr. MacKinnon has delivered over 350 babies, cared for thousands of families, and worked hundreds of shifts in hospital emergency departments.
University of Prince Edward Island,
- GENERAL/FAMILY MEDICINE TRAINING, Victoria General and the Halifax Infirmary Hospitals, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- OBSTETRICS/PEDIATRICS TRAINING, Grace Maternity and Sir Isaac Walton Killam Children's Hospital, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- OBSTETRICS/NEONATAL CARE TRAINING, St. Mary's Hospital, Sydney, Cape Breton
- PASSED American Board Exams, 1984
- PASSED Canadian Board Exams
- GRANTED LICENSURE with The Medical Cousel, Canada
- LICENSED in Wisconsin and North Carolina
- RAN PRACTICE associated with the Yarmouth Regional Hospital
- WORKED with Good Hope Hospital in Erwin, NC for 8 years